Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thinking about touching up sratchs and paint chips, then clear coating it?

I got a nasty key along three pannels of my jetta. Disgruntaled girl friend? I dunno :| There are other paint chips, and such along the car as well. I dont have much cash, so i was thinking about buffing out the areas that need work, using some touchup spray paint, and then reclear coating the entire car. I can get clear coats down at cost from a budy of mine.





What do you think the final outcome would like?





Thanks


MattThinking about touching up sratchs and paint chips, then clear coating it?
Doing touchup will never have anywhere near close results to repairing and repainting the panels. At the very least, go to a reputable auto body shop for an estimate, and make a decision there. Touchup at the shop may be free or cost you just a few bucks, but at least will be done by folks who are in the repair business, so end results may be better.Thinking about touching up sratchs and paint chips, then clear coating it?
Touched up key strokes always show up. It's hard to get the same paint consistency without painting the whole part. Unless the scratches look really unsightly, I would leave them alone until I can get the entire part(s) sprayed. Also, If you are going to reclear coat the entire car, why not just spray it?

No comments:

Post a Comment