Saturday, February 27, 2010

Looking for a clear paint?

I am working on a project for a cookie exchange I do every year and need help. Each year a I give out a cute little item to thank everyone for coming. In the past I have made tea towels, stained glass ect. I usually buy the start of the project when the Christmas stuff goes on sale. This year I bought a bunch of red and blue and green and silver ornaments that I intend to write Christmas Cookie Exchange 2009 on in a dark color paint. Then I was thinking of taking the ornaments and dipping or painting them with a clear paint or glue of some kind and rolling them in glitter (not the cheap glitter but the chunky cute glitter. The glitter is all translucent and sparkly. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a glue or paint I can use to get the glitter to stick that won't hide the color of the ornament and not dull out the glitter. Any suggestions? Also I don't live in or around a large city or stuff at hobby lobby or michael's would be hard to get. something i could get at walmart or a local hardware store maybe. Thanks so much.Looking for a clear paint?
You should be able to find a spray on clear coat wherever you have access to spray paints (WalMart maybe, but definitely a local hardware store).Looking for a clear paint?
Spray on polyurethane. Available at any hardware store.
if your trying to make glitter stick to it you need to buy 3M SPRAY ADHESIVE you can buy that at walmart. they also sell clear spray paint with glitter already in it
You could use spray shellac in clear, fast drying %26amp; non toxic when dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment