Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can I Paint My Aluminum Rims with Only Black Spray Can And Add Clear With Out Primer?

want to paint them but wanted to know if you dont add primer will it lastCan I Paint My Aluminum Rims with Only Black Spray Can And Add Clear With Out Primer?
It is going to be difficult to get any paint to stick very long without primer. Even the primer is not going to stick very well without some good prep work, the aluminum is too slick. The wheels need to be washed really good first and then roughed up with a coarse Scotch-Brite pad, washed again, and completely dried before putting anything on.Can I Paint My Aluminum Rims with Only Black Spray Can And Add Clear With Out Primer?
You can't really paint Aluminum. I also suspect your rims will have a protective coating. You would need to completely remove the coating and then use a powder coat.
Yes you can paint without using a primer, but, the paint won't stay on very long. Use the primer, you'll be glad that you did.
If you don't mind it looking like crap I don't see a problem have your local car shop do it the paint will fall of within a month.
You'll have to sand the aluminum to roughen the surface, if its polished, the paint would not stick.
Yes you can! That would look dope!
it's not going to last and it will look like s**t.


if you want your rims black have them powder


coated
that would look dope.....

No comments:

Post a Comment