Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I remove pine sap from my truck without damaging the paint, or the clear coat?

I have many drips of pine sap on my truck. They have been on it for a few weeks, in temperatures that have exceeded 100 degrees. How do I remove pine sap from my truck without damaging the paint, or the clear coat?
You could try WD 40 to remove it. I use it to remove tar on my truck and does not seem to harm the paint or clear coat.Good luckHow do I remove pine sap from my truck without damaging the paint, or the clear coat?
Use the (Turtle wax) Ice liquid clay bar then apply turtle wax Ice polish this will give you best results you can find both at www.Pimpmyaccord.com.
my buddy just told me this, but I can't rmember. Best advise is to call an autobody/paint shop (like my buddy) and ask them. He said something about a mild, alcohol-based detergent that you can get.


Mine was some juice stuff from a different kind of tree, thats why I cant remember what he said about pine sap.
Could also try clay bar. Thais is exactly why it's very important to keep a good coat of wax to protect the paint. It makes a big difference when trying to remove things like sap and tar. Whatever you try, make sure the surfance is cold so the sap can chip off instead of smearing.
Try WD 40. I've used it for removing tar and it worked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment