Saturday, February 27, 2010

How to remove runs from car paint clear coat / lacquer? Run razor or wet sand?

Hi there,


today I painted and clear-coated my car's wheel arch after what seems like forever prepping and filling to remove rust.





However I was too enthusiastic with spraying the clear coat and I have a couple of runs in it.





What's the best way to remove the runs? I've heard of ';run razors';, but I don't know if the clear coat will have hardened too much to shave off by next weekend. How long do you have after spraying clear before it's too hard to shave?





I've also read that wet-sanding is the way to go, but I'm concerned that this will ruin the finish? Is it possible to restore the shine after wet-sanding clear coat?





Many thanks!How to remove runs from car paint clear coat / lacquer? Run razor or wet sand?
You are best using wet and dry papers, use one medium grade to take it down to level, a less abrasive one to remove abrasion marks then a very fine to finish. Follow this by buffing with a polishing compound followed by wax a shine.How to remove runs from car paint clear coat / lacquer? Run razor or wet sand?
it's very simple, and honestly you should do this after painting whole cars too, after you put the clear coat on you wet sand it. It helps drastically.
wet sand it and then wax it

No comments:

Post a Comment